COVID-19 Restrictions and FAQs for Forest Edge Community Pool
Dear Forest Edge Community,
Due to COVID-19, we have to adhere to strict social distancing measures and health regulations. You must continue to maintain 2m from people outside of your household/bubble. As you know, this situation is currently changing on a regular basis, sometimes by the hour. Here is what you can expect at Forest Edge Community Pool:
- Advanced Reservation System - We are implementing an online advanced reservation system, in order to ensure that ALL members have an opportunity to access the pool. This can be found on our website. This is something new to all of us, so please be patient and we will make adjustments as needed. Here is is how the reservation system will work:
- Walk-ins will not be allowed at this time as we must limit capacity.
- You must be a member in good standing to reserve swim times.
- The reservations are for 1.5 hours of swim time and are staggered every 15 minutes to eliminate any congestion upon arrival. Each time slot has a capacity of 8 people.
- You may show up at ANY time during the 1.5 hour time slot that you book and you do not have to stay the entire time.
- Advanced Reservation - EACH person in a member household will be able to make ONE reservation PER DAY up to 7 days in advance. This will allow members several options to access the pool. Each person in the household does not need to book a reservation at the same time (example, you can make a reservation for your older child so they can swim at the same time as their friends - as long as they adhere to social distancing!).
- Supervision requirements must be met. As per the health unit regulations, any child under the age of 10 years MUST be accompanied by a parent/guardian over the age of 16 years.
- Same Day Reservations - you can ADD a SECOND reservation at any time during the current day. (this will allow you a second 1.5 hour time slot)
- Last Minute Reservations: If you are within 1.5 hours of an open time slot, you may add ANOTHER reservation. (Essentially, you could end up with several time slots in a day as long as you are following these guidelines.)
- Every person ATTENDING the pool needs to reserve, not just those wishing to swim. This is to ensure proper space is available on and around the pool deck as well as in the water.
- We will continue to make adjustments as needed.
- Go here to access the reservation system.
- Please choose the number of people you are booking for (each time slot has a capacity of 8 people)
- The reservation time slot will remain available until the capacity is met.
- Choose the date and an available time slot
- Type email address (a confirmation will be sent to this address)
- Include the member’s first and last name.
- A confirmation email will be sent to you.
- If your plans change (as we all know that they do), please be respectful of your fellow pool members and cancel the reservation using the link in the confirmation email. Cancelling your reservation will allow other members to book more pool times.
- We will continue to allow children aged 10 years and older to attend the pool without a parent/guardian but they must maintain social distancing. The lifeguards will work on a warning system and may require the child to be chaperoned at the pool if they are unable to follow the rules.
As per the health unit regulations, any child under the age of 10 years MUST be accompanied by a parent/guardian over the age of 16 years.
- Please do not arrive earlier than 5 minutes prior to your reservation.
- Only enter the pool area when the check-in area is clear. If you need to wait, please make sure you adhere to social distancing. Markings will be on the ground.
You will be greeted by a staff member, who will check your membership (we will not be issuing membership cards. We will keep memberships on file) and will ask you to complete a COVID assessment (mandatory). You will be asked four questions each time you enter the pool area:
1. Have you travelled outside of Canada in the past 14 days?
2. In the past 14 days, have you been in close contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19?
3. Do you have any of the following symptoms? Fever, shortness of breath, sore throat, cough
4. Are you prepared to follow our covid rules, particularly maintaining distance and cleaning up your spot?
- We ask that you use the hand sanitizer provided or wash your hands with soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds. All bathers must shower prior to entering the pool.
- You may then find an available table. Please pay attention to the signs when maneuvering around the pool deck.
- To comply with social distancing restrictions, only 1 family will be allowed in the bathroom at a time and only 1 family at a table.
We ask that you wipe down your tables before you leave the pool area. We will provide a sanitation station you can use (you are more than welcome to use it as you arrive as well)
Guest passes will be available on a limited basis. Limit of 5 passes per guest for the 2020 summer.
According to the public health unit, we may still have a snack shop but we need to limit the number of cash transactions. This summer, we are going to attempt a Snack Shop Declining Balance System. You are strongly encouraged to pre-pay for snacks by filling out the snack shop form on the website and the staff will keep track of your declining balance. This will help us keep staff and members safe. An e-transfer can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cash will still be accepted at the pool if necessary.
- If you need to borrow a life jacket (we will still have them available), please return to a staff member after use so it can be properly sanitized.
For this summer, we will not have any pool toys available for members. Please bring your own pool toys. (no water shooters allowed)
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, all pool activities and pool events have been cancelled until further notice. We will re-evaluate at a later date as more restrictions are lifted.
Edit: Aquafit, lane swim, and kids' club activities are available.
Due to increased costs to operate the pool safely, fundraising this summer will be more important than ever. Due to restrictions on group gatherings, we are unable to hold our annual EMS and Music nights. We do have some exciting new fundraising ideas. Stay tuned for more details!!
We understand that things will look a little different pool-side this summer, but the staff and the board of directions are committed to making this another fun summer at Forest Edge Community Pool. Please be respectful and patient with all staff and board members as we work through the ever changing restrictions and regulations.